This class will be taught by Mr. Deardorff this year. The following is an outline of what the class has covered in the past.
Our textbook for Bible 4 is "Understanding the Times" by David Noebel and provides the senior students with a detailed study of the main worldviews they will come across in life. As we go through the year, the students begin to understand the events that are going on in the world and why they are happening. The book and the videos and other articles included in the curriculum give the students a well-rounded view of Christian, Islamis, Secular Humanistic, Cosmic Humanistic, Marxist and Postmodern worldviews.
By seeing the main beliefs of each worldview, world events take on a whole new meaning and the students have a new perspective on current and historic events. By equipping them with these tools, they are better prepared to be productive citizen and informed voters as they go through life.
Our Goals for the class
- Introduce and detail the main worldviews.
- Read articles and watch videos that give insight into the various areas to which the worldviews apply.
- Hear people from each worldview explain their ideas in their owe words.
- Give the students opportunities to apply what they have learned by writing letters to a fictitious friend who is asking questions related to the current topic.
- Apply the principles from the Bible to questions and topics that directly relate to the students and situations they face each day.
Helpful Class Resources