¡Bienvenidos a español 1!
In this class you will be introduced to the beautiful Spanish language. You will learn everyday vocabulary such as family, school, church, shopping, transportation, body parts, the present tense of regular and irregular verbs, several pronouns and adjectives, weather, seasons, days of the week, months, numbers 0 to 100, location words, and be introduced to new interesting cultures and different world views. This class will give you a foundation of the language that, with practice and use, will help you to communicate with Spanish speaking people.
Our Goals for the year
- Students will gain a basic understanding on how to speak, read, understand, and write Spanish.
- Students will be exposed to "real life" situations in which they need to use Spanish.
- Students will learn basic vocabulary to communicate in daily activities such as school, church, family, store, city, etc.
- Students will communicate in Spanish on a daily basis, as much as their increasing vocabulary and sentence structure allows.
- Students will learn about God's work in Hispanic countries through missionaries' and guests' visits.
Helpful Class Resources
- Here are some great resources you can use to improve your Spanish learning experience:
- To practice vocabulary, grammar, conjugations with funwww.conjuguemos.com
- To learn new phrases and have fun: www.duolingo.com
- Word definitions and translations: http://www.spanishdict.com
- 100 most common Spanish verbs: http://www.123teachme.com/learn_spanish/100_most_common_spanish_verbs
- Exercises to practice Spanish (lots of them) : http://www.aprenderespanol.org/