Dress Code – Boys
Guidelines for school dress code:
- Combed and cut neatly away from the eyes and ears
- Evenly tapered on the sides and in the back (no stripes, designs or ridges)
- Sideburns not to extend below the earlobe
- Bleached and/or hair coloring
- Spiked Hair (Gel/moussed hair more than 1″ in length.)
- Hair should not come over the tops of the ears or the collar
- Mustaches or beards
- Shaved heads – Boys will not be permitted to attend school with shaved heads unless for health factors.
- Style that reflects rebellion, hostility or any counter‑Christian movement
2. SHIRTS – Boys may wear polo shirts untucked. All other shirts are to be tucked in all day. Shirts with buttons must be worn buttoned up except for the top neck button.
- Standard fold-down collar or fold-down turtleneck collar (no mock turtlenecks
- WEDNESDAY is chapel day and a shirt with tie is required for 7th – 12th.
- Liberty Christian Schools sweatshirts which bear the name of our school.
- Polo shirts with logos or emblems small enough to be covered up by a hand
- Current year issued Liberty Christian Schools t-shirts are allowed on Friday game days
- Numbered or printed shirts or sweatshirts (including letters, words, pictures, college names, etc.) other than Liberty Christian Schools. No cartoon characters.
- No patches or emblems are to be on clothing, with the exception of acceptable emblems of the designer.
- Ties worn with polo shirts
- Camouflage patterns
- Neat, clean, and not faded, whether new or naturally faded.
- Conservative design, style and color
- Jeans may be worn but must be a uniform cut, evenly colored and properly fitting. See images in printed student handbook for reference.
- Denim jeans that are faded, have ornamentation, or are low cut or poorly fitting (e.g. baggy pants, hip huggers, skinny jeans, etc.)
- Acid, stone or white washed that is designed to appear faded, or blotchy or clothing that is naturally faded
- Camouflage colored pants
- Unraveled hems or uneven lengths or holes in the material
- Sweat pants
- Low riding pants
4. FOOTWEAR – Socks should be worn at all times with shoes.
- Dress shoes
- Gym/tennis shoes
- Flip-flops of any kind
- Bedroom shoes or slippers
5. CAPS OR HATS – No hats are to be worn inside the classrooms or buildings.
- Caps worn backward
- Offensive logos or sayings
6. SUNGLASSES are to be worn outdoors only
- ID or Medic Alert
- Earrings, bracelets or necklaces
8. TATTOOS of any kind are not allowed.
9. PHYSICAL EDUCATION ATTIRE
Physical Education clothing (shirt and shorts) is required for 2nd through 10th grades and must be purchased from the athletic department of Liberty Christian Schools. All P.E. clothes (shirt/shorts) will be labeled with the students name using a permanent marker. Names should also be on the gym bags. Only approved physical education uniforms may be worn (no spandex or bike shorts).
AFTER‑SCHOOL DRESS CODE
1. All students not participating in team sports or school athletic activities after school must be dressed in normal school clothes by 3:15 p.m.
2. Any students not in normal school dress after 3:15 p.m. will be subject to disciplinary action.“I forgot, or I’m getting there, or my folks said it’s okay” are not valid excuses for being improperly dressed.
Boys may wear pants or jeans to sporting events. T-shirts may be worn that do not display offensive logos, sayings or pictures. Shorts may be worn to fall volleyball and soccer games and spring baseball/softball games.